You can’t get away from the convenience of the best rivnut tool (also referred to as rivet nut tool, nutsert tool and blind nut tool) when you need to fasten thin metal sheets together.
Finding the best nutsert tool might get tricky particularly for novice metal enthusiast who isn’t aware of the things that makes them all great options.
Don’t get puzzled if you feel this way. Today in this rivnut / nutsert tool reviews, I will cover everything you need to know. So, without further ado, let’s jump right in!
Best Rivnut Tool Kit / Rivet Nut Setter – [My Top Picks]
- Best Overall: Astro Manual Tool
- Runner Up: Giantisan Tool
- Most Popular: Wetols Tool
- Best Budget: NEXTACK Tool
- Best Pneumatic: Astro Air Tool
- Also Great Pneumatic: Kiaruo Air Tool
Best Heavy Duty Rivet Nut Tool – [Made in USA]
Here are the 10 best rivnut tools you should know about.
1. Astro Pneumatic Tool 1442 Hand Rivnut Tool – Best Overall
- Comfortable mandrel changing.
- Convenient handle for required leverage.
- 6 sets of rivet nuts included with a range of diameter.
- The mandrels cannot withstand large forces.
The best product on the list is none other than the Astro Pneumatic Tool 1442 Hand Rivnut Installation Tool.
The quality of this rivnut tool has is unmatched that feature a tool-less quick-change head design. This lets you change the nose pieces and the mandrels easily with your hands.
It comes very handy for jeep modifications and working off-road due to its short handle that comes with compound hinges. The dual hinges give you excellent leverage.
Apart from that, you are getting a lot of accessories along with the tool. This includes 6 mandrels sets and 10 pieces rivet nuts. All of these are interchangeable.
Moreover, changing mandrel is easy with a unique inner hex sleeve that locks it in without needing any tool.
2. NEXTACK Rivnut Setting Tool With Step Drill Bit – Best Budget Rivnut Tool
- Ergonomic handles are comfortable to hold.
- Easy to store accessories and carry with the case.
- Unique rod loads and unloads rivet nuts with ease.
- Rotating the rivet nuts doesn’t require your hands.
- The rivet nuts in this set have limitations working on deep threads.
If you are looking for a metric rivnut tool on a budget, then this NEXTACK Auto Pumping Rod Rivnut Setting Tool is the best option.
The best budget rivnut tool comes with 35 pieces of rivet nuts. Along with all of these, you will get 8 different types of metrics and SAE mandrels.
It also includes a compact and sturdy case to keep everything organized. This will make carrying the product easy for you. The interior of the case has specialized places curved out to fit all the tools inside perfectly so that nothing gets dislocated.
3. Astro Pneumatic Tool PRN1 Pneumatic Nut Setting Tool – Best Pneumatic Rivnut Tool
- 8 metric mandrels with different diameters.
- Easy setting up rivet nuts with mandrels with a pull of the trigger.
- Comes with a hydraulic pulling force that can lift 2680 lbs. of instant air.
- There are no rivet nuts with this set.
If you need the best pneumatic rivnut tool then this Astro Pneumatic Tool PRN1 pneumatic nut setting tool is the answer.
It provides a unique system of setting up rivet nuts that don’t need your hands to get involved directly. Instead, it just needs you to pull the trigger and your preferred rivet nut will be set in no time.
Unthreading the rivet nuts from the tool is not a chore at all. Just operate the spinning rear wheel and your work will be done.
The set comes with 8 types of mandrels. With these mandrels, you can use rivet nuts made up of both stainless steel and aluminum of all common sizes.
4. KIARUO Air Rivnut Tool with Self-locking Head Gun
- Doesn’t emit disturbing noise while working.
- 3 different types of gun heads included with the gun.
- Adjusting speed is easy with the help of the regulator.
- Self-locking design doesn’t waste time to change the gun head.
- Unlike other threaded rivet tools, this gun doesn’t have any mandrel or rivet nuts.
KIARUO air rivnut tool comes in a rivet nut gun kit with 3 types of heads and 1 hanging ring. For convenient and fast operation, the gun has a self-locking system that lets you change gun heads quickly.
The gun is designed to reduce the wear of mandrel by shaking less. It provides uniform strength with its high-quality rotor made up of alloy steel.
The handle of the gun is designed ergonomically and so your long working hours become less tiring. Adjusting the speed and the amount of air regulating inside is easy with the step-less speed regulator.
5. ARES 70418 Heavy Duty Rivet Nut Setter Tool
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Durable construction ensures lifetime longevity.
- Able to access nuts in hard to reach places for tightening and removal.
- Only suitable to install nuts that are too thin to set inside materials.
If you are looking for a heavy-duty rivet nut setter, then this ARES 70418 rivet nut setter tool will be a great choice. The tool has been constructed with high carbon steel that is meant to be used during a tough time and still lasts a lifetime.
Changing mandrels and nosepieces is easier than ever as you can do that by simply using your hands. The M6 rivnut tool comes along with 6 different mandrel sets of the following sizes: M5, M6, M8, 10-24, 1/4-20, and 5/16-18. For each size of mandrel 10 compatible rivet nuts are included.
Shockproof handles come with grips to hold on to make using the tool comfortable and less tiring. It is small in dimensions and not too heavy, making it portable and easy to store.
6. REXBETI Rivet Nut Insert Tool Professional Nutsert Tool Kit
- Sturdy portable case for storing all the tools.
- A spanner is included for unthreading nose piece from the tool.
- Ergonomically designed handle lets the user insert rivet nuts easily.
- Not a beginner-friendly rivet nut tool.
REXBETI nutsert tool kit is an amazing rivet nut insert tool that has an easy operating system saving time and energy of the user. Changing the mandrel and nose pieces of the tool is quick and easy as you can do that by using your hands.
The tool comes with a rubbery handle providing a good grip and a long arm saving energy.
The construction of this nutsert installation tool consists of thick carbon steel that is resistant to corrosion. It is durable and strong because of a heat-treated finish. It comes with 6 pcs of metric mandrels and 60 pieces of rivet nuts.
The mandrels differ from each other in terms of size. And each of the sizes is compatible with the 10 pieces of rivet nuts included.
7. Aqqly Hand Rivet Nut Tool Professional Rivnut Setter Tool
- Very versatile.
- Complete set of accessories are included with the tool.
- Handles consist of double compound hinges, providing maximum leverage.
- Heavy handle makes it difficult to use.
If your eyes are in search of a versatile hand rivet nut tool, then Aqqly professional rivnut setter tool has every aspect and worth your consideration.
You can use the tool for assembling bicycles, fixing furniture, or applying decorations in your house.
The tool’s body has a long arm made up of carbon steel that lets you work without getting tired. The handle is designed ergonomically so it saves your energy and time.
It is an m8 rivnut tool because an M8 sized mandrel is preinstalled in it. Apart from that, you will be getting 10 more mandrels that are of the following sizes: M6, M10, M12, and SAE 10-24, 1/4-20, 5/16-18, 3/8-16.
You will also be getting 55 pieces of rivet nuts that consist of 5 pieces compatible with each mandrel.
8. WETOLS Rivet Nut Tool Hand Rivnut Nutsert Tool
- Corrosion and deformation-resistant carbon steel rivet nut tool.
- Comes with a case that makes storing mandrels, rivet nuts, and tool easy.
- You can interchange mandrels using your hands.
- The rivet nuts with the tool can break if excessive force is applied to it.
This WETOLS rivnut nutsert tool is a great metric rivnut tool with 3 metric mandrels and 4 SAE mandrels. The mandrels are easy to remove and change using hands and you won’t need any tool for it. Moreover, you will be getting 70 pieces of rivet nuts for the mandrels.
The construction of this rivnut installation tool consists of carbon steel that does not get deformed or worn out with time. The tool is corrosion-resistant and lasts for a very long time.
You can keep these tools safe in the blow-molded carrying case included. All your accessories and the tool can be kept safe, making it easy to carry around.
9. M&R Industrial RZX Rivnut Riveting Tool
- Free replacement offered by the manufacturer.
- Short handle that is lightweight and yet easy to use.
- Comes with 11 pieces of mandrel included with the set.
- No rivet nuts with this set.
This M&R Industrial rivnut riveting tool is well known as the most labor-saving rivet nut gun kit available on the market. Its ergonomic handle design saves the time and energy of the user.
The handle makes it easy to hold and to install rivet nuts to preferred areas. As the handles are covered with double compound hinges, you will get maximum leverage.
To add more, you will be getting 11 pieces of mandrel included with the nutsert rivet gun. The mandrel sizes are: M3, M4, M5, M6, M8, M10, M12, 10-24, 1/4-20, 5/16-18,3/8-16 and 1/2-13.
You will be able to make great use of this blind rivet nut tool, as it can be used to install sheet metal rivet nuts in very hard-to-reach areas. You can assemble your bicycle and furniture. It is suitable to be used for household work.
10. Giantisan Rivet Nut Insert Nutsert Tool Kit
- 10 pieces of rivet nuts included for each mandrel.
- Comes with 11 mandrels different from each other.
- Comes with a rugged carrying case that fits all the accessories.
- The 16-inch handle is heavy.
Despite being the last selection on our list this Giantisan rivet nutsert tool kit doesn’t fall short to offer the functionalities you expect from a top hand rivet nut setter.
It lets a user work with comfort because of the ergonomic handle that lets users hold on to it for working with reliability.
It is a time-saving threaded rivet tool that comes with a useful spanner that lets you load and unload rivet nuts from the tool without much effort.
This rivet nut insert tool is meant to last for a long time because of its strong and durable construction. It is manufactured with thick carbon steel that is heat-treated to make it corrosion-resistant and deformation-resistant.
Use this imperial rivnut tool for doing jobs like attaching parts of bicycles, and assembling furniture.
Best Rivnut / Nutsert Tool – [Updated Buying Guide]
I have provided you with the 10 best rivnut tool reviews. However, you might remain confused about which one will be the best. Hence, I have this buying guide that enlightens you regarding some factors you need to keep in mind.
1. Tool Type
There are two kinds of tools. One is manual hand rivet and the other is the air rivnut tool.
Manual Hand Rivet Nut Tool: It is for handling small jobs that don’t require much force for inserting the rivet nut. Additionally, attaching mandrels to the manual hand tool is done using hands.
You need to rotate the mandrel clockwise to load it in and then unravel it anti-clockwise to remove it.
The only disadvantage of this tool is you need to use your hands and spend time behind rotating mandrels when you want to load and unload them.
Air Rivnut Tool: It is powered by air. It comes with a tool that creates an air pressure to pull up mandrel and attach to the tool.
You don’t need to use your hands for attaching mandrel. The mandrel has to be lubricated with oil. It is also very costly.
2. Tool Quality
Rivnut tool that is made up of materials like stainless steel, steel chrome, aluminum steel is high in quality. Rivet tool made up of these materials are durable and sturdy.
3. Mandrel Sizes
Mandrels come in different sizes and angles. Each mandrel has a bend angle that is suitable for a particular type of task. The rivnut to mandrel thickness is a huge determiner of the success of your task.
You can get your hands on both SAE and metric-sized mandrels. To be more precise, the mandrel size goes up by one metric by every 0.5mm increase in the metal thickness. Therefore, choose one that will work best for the task at hand.
4. Arm Length
Arm length of rivet tool should not be too long like 13 inches or 16 inches. That’s because it will be heavy and hard for users to work.
And if arm length is too short, a user may find difficulty in holding the tool. So you should get a tool that has an arm length between 10 to 12 inches.
5. Ease of Use
Rivet tools should be easy to use so you can save time. The mandrel changing process of a rivet tool should be quick and easy so that the user can get the work done quickly.
It is better to get a rivet tool that has a spanner included for unloading mandrel when you need to interchange.
Best Rivet Nut Tool Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a rivnut tool?
Rivnut tool is an essential tool that is used for installing bolts into materials that don’t have a proper hole compatible with the size of the bolt. And in materials that are way too soft for installing a rivet nut into it.
How does a rivnut tool work?
You need to install a fastener to the tool using the help of your hands or a tool. The threads of fastener engage to create a pulling force to cause the shank to expand.
The expansion occurs against the material where you will be installing the rivet nut into.
What is a rivnut tool used for?
A rivnut is used for installing rivet nuts into materials that are very thin or have very small holes.
How strong are rivnuts?
To pull out a 1/4-20 rivnut from sheet steel, you need 1215 lbs of pull out force. That is how strong rivnuts are.
Rivnut vs Nutsert- What is the difference?
Rivet nuts are nuts that can be installed into holes that already exist in material or into a hole that is freshly created. Nutsert is nuts that have the capability of holding a bolt and are threaded.
Needless to say, owning the right nutsert will save your time and effort working with metal. And coming to the end of this article, I believe you are able to find your best rivnut tool to add to your toolbox.
Just to remind you, our best recommendation is Astro 1442 as it offers all top of the line features perfect to get an instant thread to insert a bolt.
However, if you want a versatile tool on your budget, you can’t go wrong with TACKLIFE Rivnut Setting Tool.
And lastly, to choose between stainless steel and aluminum steel rivet nut tools I find nothing fell short with Astro PRN1 Pneumatic Nut Setting Tool to provide an excellent fastener solution. This is a perfect air rivet guns and it hence it keeps the margin of error to a minimum.
Related Articles You May Also Like